Piece by Inara Baker.
Reminders for the Imaginative Mind when you Feel Uninspired
For anyone with a creative streak or an imaginative mind, there’s a certain part of you that
can’t be filled without your art of choice – whether that’s drawing, sewing, graphic design,
writing, or any other number of things. However, every now and then, you may find yourself
feeling something is lacking – maybe you’re burnt out, frustrated, or uninspired. And when that
feeling comes, remember these things:
1. It’s ok to take a break. Working too hard for too long is bad for anyone.
2. There is no right speed for completing something. Art is a release, not a deadline –
everyone works at different paces. Do what feels right.
3. Everyone was once a beginner, and everyone started at square one. Yes, someone will
always be better – but they started exactly where you did.
4. And just as everyone was once a beginner, everyone makes mistakes.
5. Don’t cut corners! Sometimes, you get frustrated and you want to be finished. In those
moments, walk away and come back later – your future self will thank you for it
6. Your art and your craft is supposed to fill the space in your heart, not make you sad and
upset – take a good hard look at what you’re doing if it’s making you more sad than
7. Don’t forget why you started in the first place – stick with what you love.